Thursday, June 7, 2007

Caffeine and English

If you take a look at the posts in this blog you'll see that the only thing I wrote that actually said something were the posts concerning my lack of inspiration. And this is not a nice subject to write about, but is the only thing that comes to my mind when I plan to write some stuff to entartain you, my dear readers.
Perhaps this absence of creativity is due to the excess of coffee I'm drinking these days, or the excess of stress I'm having (I won't talk about this here), or whatever.
Then I resolved to stop with coffee for some time and try to write something interesting. I'm going to follow Nella's suggestion and try to write something about the pseudo-intellectuals from UCB (Universidade Católica de Brasília, not University of California in Berkeley :)
It is quite obvious that there aren't many pseudos at UCB - and that the number of true intellectuals is even smaller - but we can find one or two interesting cases.
One remerkable fact about some of my colleagues's pseudness is the way they use English Language (and once more I ask why the heck I'm writing in English.............)
We study English, Portuguese, Literature and Linguistics (Now, my imaginary non-Brazilian reader, I need your help - is it correct to say that we study Letters??)

**
**
**

I guess I must be more direct - The only thing I want to say is: Why do some people speak a very good Portuguese but when talk in English do this in a coloquial way just to show that they have fluency in the language???

Tudo burro.......

A note on the text: I said good Portuguese but I know all this Sociolinguistics stuff..

9 comments:

_regi_ said...

It's not that we study "Letters". We don't study anything at all!

Hail to coffee!!

Anonymous said...

tudo burro

Mastriani said...

(It's not correct to say Letters...)

It's good to know that you know all the Sociolinguistics stuff
=p

now write more about the pseudos at UCB and their pseudness... and if you want to risk, write about the pseudos at UnB! hehehe

tudo burro indeed...

Nella Bueno said...

Thanx for mentioning ( misspelled I think..) my name!
I really appreciated the post!

And , since i'm here.. I'll use the time and, with all the effort that is possible to be intended, I'll appologize for the constants drunk-annoying-meaninless-distrurbing-noisy phone calls...
Sorry, dear Gildo...
That's 'cause sometimes I get lost in so many stupid talks that I use your nunber as some kind of pseudo salvation for my brain...Anyway.. I wouldn't be able to explain not even If I'd try harder...

Love, Nella

Nella Bueno said...

'number'

Nella Bueno said...

I reread that post of mine.. and I noticed more mistakes...
So: I'm aware of them.. And I'm not correcting anything..
That's it!

Kisses,
Nella

tina said...

They are all dumb!

Nella Bueno said...

Gildooooooooo!
O povo pede um novo post!


!

" )

Nella Bueno said...

Saudadinha de vc.

!